12 Points on
© Written and compiled by Dr John Whitman Ray N.D., M.D. (M.A.)
from "Patient's Guide to Body Electronics" by Prof. Dr. Sir John Whitman Ray (1994)
1I have had the pleasure of testing several hundred patients and students in my field of Body Electronics with the Jerome Mercury Vapor Analyzer. I have found only two people in all my testing who have not evidenced a continual toxic exposure to mercury vapor emanating from silver amalgam dental fillings under normal chewing compression. The amount of rnercury vapor emitted under normal chewing compression exceeded in ten seconds what the maximum allowable mercury exposure would be in industry in a 40 hour work week as is indicated by both Russian and U.S.A. standards. This amount of exposure to mercury vapor is totally unacceptable to the scientific mind.
2Dentists have been educated to believe that once mercury has been combined into the filling material, it remains "locked in" and can't come out. The sad fact is that there is absolutely no scientific research in existence to support this hypothesis. To the contrary, all evidence indicates that silver amalgam containing approximately 50'7o mercury is a source of extremely toxic elemental mercury adversely affecting the health of the human body.
3Evidence now demonstrates that surface particles of the amalgam filling material are being chemically broken down and released into the oral cavity. These minute particles of mercury filling are acted upon by oral and intestinal bacteria to produce methyl mercury, an even more toxic form of mercury than elemental mercury with target areas being primarily the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, and the brain.
4It has been demonstrated that dissimilar metals in the mouth can also contribute to electrical activity and corrosion (much like a battery) and can result in unexplained pain, ulcerations, inflamation and disruption of corresponding meridians in the body. This may result in a wide range of unexplained symptoms and disease.
5The presence of mercury in dental amalgam fillings has been shown conclusively to adversely affect the body's immune response. It has been shown that after amalgam removal the red and white blood cell levels tend to seek normal range with a corresponding increase in the body's immune response as evidenced by T-lymphocyte count increase.
6Research has indicated that mercury is the single most toxic metal that has been investigated, even more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic.
7The International Conference on Biocompatibility of Materials was held in November 1988 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.A. Many of the world authorities on mercury and mercury toxicity met to discuss the issue of dental amalgam and other materials used in dentistry. Their official conclusion was drafted and signed which read: Based on the known toxic potential of mercury and its documented release from dental amalgams, usage of mercury containing amalgam increases the health risk of the patients, the dentists and the dental personnel.
8Autopsy studies from Sweden and Germany show a positive statistical correlation between the number of occlusal surfaces of dental amalgam and mercury levels in the brain and kidney cortex. It would be wise to point out that both elemental mercury and organic methyl mercury were found in brain tissue upon autopsy.
9Dr. David Eggleston of the University of California, found a T-lymphocyte count of 47% (ideal levels are between 79-80%) in patients with silver amalgam fillings. After removal of the amalgams the T-lymphocyte count rose to 73%.
10Multiple Sclerosis patients have been found to have 8 times higher levels of mercury in the cerebrospinal fluid compared to neurologically healthy controls. Inorganic mercury is capable of producing symptoms which are indistinguishable from those of multiple sclerosis.
11It is the responsibility of every dentist and doctor to inform and educate their patients to the effect that:
12One must remember that the diagnosis of mercury intoxication is extremely difficult to ascertain because of the insideous nature of the onset of symptoms and because of most physicians' unfamiliarity or misinformation concerning proper testing techniques.
Unfortunately, mercury is so toxic to the human organism, that there can be cell death or irreversable chemical damage long before clinical observable symptoms appear indicating that something is wrong. Since organic mercury in some body tissues (e.g. brain) has a half life of over 25 years (i.e. it takes the body 25 years to get rid of 1/2 of a single dose of mercury under normal circumstances) it is only a matter of time and degree of exposure until some form of symptomology appears. With all this in mind we cannot fool with mercury toxicity or delay the "safe" removal of silver amalgam fillings by the hands of a knowledgeable and responsible dentist.
Please feel free to copy, duplicate and/or pass this information on to the next party. Our health collectively is dependent upon this type of information or else we succumb to disinformation.
Copyright © Dr. John Whitman Ray, All Rights Reserved.